DevOps Engineer - Infrastructure
Founded in 2013, Zenefits grew from the dream of eliminating the administrative heartache out of getting healthcare. In the timeframe since, Zenefits’ technology has tackled one of the economy’s gnarliest people problems; delivering easy access to health insurance.
Today, this is the foundation of our People Platform which brings everything HR -- benefits, payroll, onboarding and talent management -- into one software solution. We’re here to re-imagine the employee experience in the new world of work. We hope you join us!
About Zenefits Engineering:
Zenefits engineering team is the pioneer in building an All-in-One HCM system. Building this highly integrated platform requires a high degree of collaboration across various functions such as engineering, product management, design, as well as customer facing operations and support teams. We spend a significant amount of time designing and implementing engineering platforms unique to this space. You will be exposed to open-source technologies like Django, Python, Ember.js, React, and MySQL, and use them to solve complex issues such as data storage and query over large data sets that encode various dimensions of date/time, management of complex business rules, and publication of data change notification events across the system to maintain data consistency.
About this Role:
- Design, implement, manage scalable website and Infrastructure solutions to meet the growing needs of the organization on Cloud.
- Perform On-call responsibilities that includes servicing the production website and infrastructure operations.
- Automate and maintain continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines for consistent software releases.
- Develop web services based on python/other web frameworks to meet Infrastructure automation requirements.
- Develop Infrastructure Monitoring solutions.
- Design, implement and manage Configuration management systems.
A little more about you:
- 3+ years of software industry experience as a software engineer
- BS degree in Engineering
- Experience with Cloud technologies, preferably AWS
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong fundamentals on Operating systems - Linux, Ubuntu
- Experience with scripting technologies and configuration management systems.
- Experience with Service-oriented application development
- Experience with web technologies and system design
- Experience with our technical stack (Python/Django/Ember.js) is a plus but not required
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker, Kubernetes is a plus
- Self-motivated and excellent attention to detail -- focused on execution and shipping production quality systems
- Highly customer focused, accountable, responsive and collaborative