Job DescriptionDuPont is a science company dedicated to solving challenging global problems, while creating measurable and meaningful value for its customers, employees and shareholders. Our dynamic portfolio of products, materials and services meets the ever-changing market needs of diverse industries in more than 90 countries. We unite around a set of core valuesâsafety and health, environmental stewardship, highest ethical behavior and respect for peopleâjust as we have for two centuries.
DuPont offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more!
- To support toxicology testing and research functions in DuPont and contract laboratories by responding to information requests using various information science tools and techniques.
- To summarize toxicology data (clearly and concisely), reports to overall summary for regional PS reviews and regulatory documents.
- To perform literature searches in toxicology, chemical, environmental, and biological sciences to support generation of product safety reviews, setting appropriate substance classifications and registering DuPont products globally.
- To manage internal document repository database.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Produce Product Stewardship and Regulatory deliverables.
- Conduct searching using various information science tools and techniques.
- Maintain proficiency in current search strategies and resources.
- Review search results to determine potential key information.
- Analyze and summarize key information into appropriate deliverable format.
- Adapt content and format of the deliverable in response to request from the toxicologists.
- Serve as team member for GHS classifications, Registration submissions, and/or Product Stewardship Documents.
- Serve as a team member in searching, GHS, and global registration processes.
- Serve as a team member for processes on multi-disciplinary teams within the company.
- Maintain databases for various processes (Database 3, IUCLID, SAP-EHS).
- Monitor current requirements to ensure regulatory compliance – raise to awareness of toxicologists.
- Serve as Database Manager for Internal Document Repository System.
- Maintain and update established electronic system for indexing and retrieval of toxicology testing information using conceptual analysis techniques.
Job QualificationsRequired Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in information science, biology, toxicology, chemistry, or related scientific field with minimum 3 years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of global regulatory requirements and ability to summarize and communicate information as appropriate.
- Demonstrated proficiency of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Access.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communications skills, including effective customer interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand information indexing and retrieval concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities effectively and manage multiple assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently function as a team player.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated strong organization skills and high degree of accuracy.
- Familiarity with UN GHS Purple Book regulations.
- Familiarity with toxicology terminology, acronyms, and the concepts of routes of exposure, clinical signs, target organs effects, lethal doses, and exposure limits.
- Familiarity with Safety Data sheet section content and health & safety phrases.
- Knowledge and experience searching databases like TOXLINEÂ®, the Hazardous Substances Data Bank, the Integrated Risk Information System, the Toxic Release Inventory, Chemical Abstracts, Medline, ChemIDplus, NTIS, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of SAP-EHS or other SDS creation software.
About DowDuPontDowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.