San Francisco Bay Area
We are seeking a HR and Finance coordinator for our Operations team. Reporting to the Director of Operations this person will provide administrative support to the Operations team in the areas of benefits, immigration, and finance. The ideal candidate will be conscientious and show a meticulous attention to detail, with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
As Part of the Team You Will
- Administer health and benefit plans, including enrollments and terminations
- Work with accounting to process monthly billings from benefit providers and ensure correct payroll deductions. Resolve discrepancies with carriers, payroll and the company.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action. Complete reports for management as requested.
- Serve as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes. Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations including discrimination testing. Ensure timeliness and accuracy of required reporting and fees.
- Analyze current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends in benefits programs, and identify the company's stance.
- First point of contact for employees regarding benefit issues. Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of the company's benefits package. Design and distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions.
- Manage immigration visa applications working together with outside counsel and the office manger.
- Work with Director of Operations to determine visa strategy, improving the company’s visa & immigration policies and workflows to better serve the business needs and keeping abreast of changes in government immigration policy.
- Prepare reports and financial projections as requested by management.
- Approve employee expense reports in accordance with company policy.
- Work with external accounting firm for accounts payable.
- Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrated Skills and Experience
- Desired Skills and Experience
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ administration experience in a fast-paced High-Tech office environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, strong Excel skills including pivot tables and vlookup.
- Experience with Expensify or equivalent a plus
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and independently problem solve.
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional people skills--strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are a must.
- A high level of discretion and the ability to appropriately manage confidential information.
Desired Personal Qualities
- Ability to admit when wrong
- Fearlessness working outside your comfort zone
- Patience with others
- Described by others as the best researcher / engineer / thinker they know
- Intellectual breadth
- Sense of humor
Vicarious offers unique benefits for all employees that includes personal coaching, organic breakfast and lunch, a company trip to Hawaii every year, and much more.
Vicarious is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we’re excited to learn what you can add to our team.
Apply for this job