Most software developers, engineers, and architects get to build cool software systems. Very few get to say with a straight face: “I’m reinventing banking.” Or hospitality, or logistics, or insurance. We’re combining technology, industry expertise, and entrepreneurial experience to massively disrupt our clients’ core businesses, in order to propel them into the future and create better products and experiences for everyone.
We’re doing this by leveraging the power of new patterns and architectures (Serverless, Microservices, Event Sourcing, etc) and technologies (Kafka, Elixir, TensorFlow, Node.js, Docker, Go) to build cloud-native style solutions for the enterprise. Most of our work fits what we call Digital Decoupling, where we design and build a state of the art system to wrap legacy, isolate legacy components, build new functionality, and slowly and methodically hollow out the existing core.
Our team is deeply hands on, highly technical, and prides itself in being battle hardened, lead-from-the-front technology thought leaders. If you want to largely draw diagrams and pontificate on adding yet another layer to an already bloated monolith, this probably isn’t the role for you. Our competitors are hiring for that kind of thing.
If, however, you’re interested in solving some of the hardest problems in enterprise technology and transforming and disrupting established industries, let’s talk.
- Minimum 2 years hands on experience building interesting and innovative applications, or equivalent open source contribution (several projects as ongoing contributor).
- While we are looking for a mix of technologies, .NET or JEE application experience or legacy application maintenance probably don’t qualify as interesting or innovative.
- Experience explaining complex technical concepts to an executive audience. If you can explain what event sourcing or the reactor pattern are to a layperson, you’ve got this.
- Some experience designing and building software systems. i.e planning out infrastructure, cloud platform components, network details etc.
- Experience working in an agile team.
Technical Literacy (Required for all levels):
- Working knowledge of git
Preferred Qualifications (General):Below are ‘nice to haves’, and if you don’t have more than one or two, don’t be discouraged. We’re trying to build a team with a very diverse set of skills and backgrounds, and a big part of that means different skills.
- Hands on experience with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure; namely choosing platform components and assembling application and runtime architecture
- Experience with the Serverless framework and serverless architecture.
- Experience with microservices architectures and constituent technologies (hapijs, gokit, Spring Cloud)
- Experience with containerization and container platforms. (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Docker EE, Mesosphere)’
- Experience with Event Driven Architectures and constituent technologies (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis) and patterns (Event Sourcing, etc)
- Functional programming experience, specifically with Actor systems (Erlang, Elixir, Akka)
- Experience with embedded devices and development (mostly C, but also some Rust, etc)
- Experience with high performance networking (Quic, network layer optimization) or realtime transaction protocols/methods (HTTP2, Server Sent Events, MQTT, WebSockets)
- Experience with distributed transactional data stores (CockroachDB, Spanner, ScyllaDB, etc)
- All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
USA-Midwest, USA-Northeast, USA-Southeast, USA-West, USA-Southwest