|To procure quality food, beverages, materials, equipment, supplies, and services for the hotel while minimizing cost. All work is carried-out in accordance with hotel accounting and financial controls and within the policies and procedures as outlined in ECOMAN/ D-Place, hotel and corporate policies and guidelines, and the hotel’s business plan.|
|Position Requirements and Offer Details|
- Insures the lowest cost consistent with required quality standards on a timely basis by procuring foods, beverages, materials, services, equipment, and supplies
- Initiates purchase requisitions as required
- Identifies local vendors and negotiates rates
- Maintains working relationships with local vendors
- Assures timely deliveries at the lowest cost by handling and processing orders
- Assures requisitions are properly approved
- Maintains follow-up system on all purchases
- Verifies price on corporate contract items
- Follows corporate guidelines on purchasing from corporate suppliers
- Directs, handles and supervises receiving, storage, and distribution of all goods to effectively and efficiently meet hotel and corporate requirements
- Ensures that purchased items adhere to corporate standards; takes corrective action as required
- Ensures that all merchandise on invoices is counted or weighed
- Verifies information on dates and prices of goods
- Maintains all necessary control records and reports
- Assures stocks are up to par
- Rotates stocks appropriately
- Takes inventories
- Processes and files executed requisitions properly
- Maintains the competitive status and profitability of the purchasing operation by monitoring industry trends and recommending appropriate action to be taken
- Assists in the calculation of cost of foods and other goods and services based on purchase price
- Secures competitive bids as required and requested
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget, departmental business plan, and ensures performance is in line with approved budgets, and makes appropriate recommendations as necessary
- Prepares reports, as requested, to maintain and develop an informative data base for improved management decision making, and critical evaluation of work activities
- Brings needs for repair or maintenance to the attention of the Financial Controller
|Hotel or Business Details|
|Park Inn by Radisson Polokwane is situated in Polokwane City (formerly Pietersburg) the capital city of Limpopo Province, the northern most province in South Africa. The city is 300km NW of Johannesburg accessible through the N1.|
The hotel is situated in the Capricorn region of Polokwane. stretches from the Waterburg, all along the foothills of the lush Wolfberg, to the Tropic of Capricorn in the north. The region’s position makes it a perfect stopover between Gauteng Province and the northern areas of the province and between the country’s north-western areas and the world-renowned Kruger National Park.
It is also in close proximity to the neighbouring countries of Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Swaziland. The tourism hotspots of the region are Bela-Bela hot springs (formerly Warmbaths), Nylsvlei Nature Reserve and Bela-Bela Recreational Centre.
The hotel is located to the South of the city center, along the existing Polokwane golf course and across the road from the new Peter Mokaba sports stadium.
The hotel affords easy access to the CBD, as well as the Greater Polokwane Region incorporating new business, industrial and leisure areas.