Job DescriptionThomson Reuters is looking for dynamic sales professionals who are seeking the opportunity to work in an innovative inside sales environment. We are looking for sales specialists that can consult established customers and develop new prospects within a selected product & market segment. This role will provides specialized training program for consultative selling of products within specialized tax & accounting markets.
Our sales professionals partner with clients to provide the most trusted information on the most powerful system available providing unparalleled expert research, critical news, guidance, and productivity tools through the industry leading Checkpoint platform. Professionals on our sales team are essential to ensuring we provide the right products and solutions needed to delight our customers, every day. As a member of that team, you would help initiate, build and retain business with our customers, while earning a compensation package that includes base salary and commissions.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization. Looking for an organization recognized as a “best” organization for Sales Opportunities? Then Consider Thomson Reuters! While we do offer a competitive base salary, we have recently been listed on Forbes as one of the 10 best companies for commission-based jobs!
Our Knowledge Solutions business helps tax & accounting professionals sort out the intricacies of ever more complex rules & regulations. We help our clients to:
- Save valuable time by making them more efficient.
- Make informed decisions by keeping them aware of ever changing tax & accounting laws.
- Providing solutions to their problems so they can focus on growing their business!
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in a related field preferred
- Minimum 2-years sales experience
DESIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience utilizing social media in a commercial capacity
- Knowledge of and ability to use CRM tools such as Salesforce
- High-volume, business-to-business (B2B) sales experience
- Consultative selling and closing skills or the aptitude to learn these skills
- Able to identify and acquire new accounts
- Proven persuasion, leadership, initiative, and communication skills
- Proven sales success and self-motivation
- Ability to effectively communicate with C-level Suite, Directors & Business Owners
- Excellent presentation skills and an ability to engage audiences
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates a strong customer orientation
- Actively seeks innovative ways to improve processes, products, and client experience.
- Ability to successfully negotiate and close a deal
- Demonstrates strategic thinking with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures
- Communicates a "can do" attitude and positive outlook, minimizing negative behaviors
- Professional image with ability to form good partner relationships across functions
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.