Job Description Summary
The position will oversee the daily manufacturing performance at one of BD’s manufacturing operations. The person will be responsible for researching issues, preparing a monthly dashboard to review the performance to date, and to update forecast. They will also be responsible for setting the budget for the plant and preparing updates on variances to both forecast and budget.
What is expected in this role:
- Provides general accounting and reporting support for a domestic manufacturing plant.
- Analyzes and explains variances between forecasts, budget, and actual results.
- Communicates clearly with the finance and operations team on the plant’s performance.
- Prepares month-end analyses for meeting.
- Works with cross functional teams to set budget and update forecasts for their business area on a monthly basis.
- Demonstrates understanding of source documentation, research variances, and propose corrections.
- Makes decisions, often difficult and/or unpopular, by carefully weighing pros and cons and acting in accordance with GAAP.
- Leverages customer knowledge to develop alternative solutions and shares key learning's with others.
- Participate in various teams’ related activities to ensure proper SOX controls and compliance with Company policies.
- Inventory Reporting Metrics and other KPI’s.
- Capital Investment Analysis.
- Setting Annual Manufacturing Standard Costs along with analysis of these items.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- BS/BA Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 1 years job related experience
- CPA, MBA, or MACC preferred
- Cost Accounting experience preferred
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of finance and accounting concepts
- Ability to analyze, organize and explain large volumes of data
- Ability to travel, approx. 4-5 times a year
- SAP system experience preferred
- Excel, Microsoft Office, Outlook, BPC 10