Responsibilities:Practical Law US is looking for an attorney Subeditor to work with our editorial teams to maintain a high level of quality of all published content, while ensuring that all material follows Practical Law's house style and excellent writing principles. Content can be written either internally or by external contributors. Subeditors will:
- Edit legal know-how resources (practice notes, standard documents, standard clauses, checklists, articles, legal updates and glossary terms) for our website.
- Edit content for consistent look, feel, and writing quality.
- Become fully knowledgeable in Practical Law's style guide and writing principles, and ensure that our editors apply them correctly and consistently.
- Develop a solid understanding of the IT behind Practical Law's web publishing system.
- Provide additional proofreading support to the company, such as resources for conferences and our magazine, as well as marketing materials.
- Have opportunities to present classroom training sessions to editors on writing style and Practical Law's publishing systems.
- Provide regular feedand continued training to editors.
- Have opportunities to contribute to editorial product development projects, including integrating Practical Law with other Thomson Reuters products.
- Any other tasks to support the editorial teams and maintain the websites.
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
JD degree 0-2 years of copy editing experience. Experience on a legal journal or similar preferred. A keen interest in US law and legal publishing. A good academic record. An excellent command of writing, grammar, punctuation and plain-English principles. Meticulous attention to detail. Superb communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Excellent organization, project management and prioritization skills. Excellent team-working skills. Good IT skills, specifically in using Microsoft Office 2010. Experience with using content management systems desirable. Excellent understanding of legal citation, including the Bluebook. Experience with following a recognized style guide, such as Chicago, or a house style guide. Ability to work autonomously.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
United States of America-Minnesota-Eagan-USA-Eagan-610 Opperman Dr