DraftKings is a leading sports entertainment brand that creates the most exciting digital sports competitions and experiences on the planet. Our goal is to transform the way fans experience sports. Our mission is to make sports better – and make better sports fans – by bringing them closer to the games they love. We are the signature tech startup of our generation in Boston.
DraftKings celebrated its fifth anniversary in May 2017 and was founded in 2012. Since then, DraftKings has logged more than 7 million users, who collectively have submitted more than 680 million contest entries. We are the signature tech startup of our generation in Boston.
We are seeking a talented individual for the position of Compliance Associate (CA) to support the company’s compliance activities. Based in Boston, MA, the candidate will contribute to a strong and innovative compliance and risk management culture.
The CA will be responsible for executing risk-based compliance transaction testing for the purpose of independently validating adherence to applicable state and federal regulations. The successful candidate must have outstanding communication and organization skills, an ability to anticipate and deliver on the needs of a fast-paced and innovative business, and the flexibility to simultaneously manage a wide range of projects.
- Assist in test planning including documenting the testing approach and plan, communicating with internal business partners, determining appropriate sample sizes and coordinating the information request process required for testing completion
- Support risk assessment activities
- Perform targeted, transaction testing for compliance requirements
- Prepare testing work-papers in accordance with the Compliance Management Program
- Create slides to communicate testing results and trending to management
- Document and evaluate issues identified, including root cause, and draft recommendations to improve policies, procedures, potential efficiencies, and controls
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with internal and external business partners
- Assist with drafting compliance policies and procedures
- Participate in ad hoc projects as needed, as related to role.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in financial services, compliance, or the Daily Fantasy Sports industry
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications such as Word and Excel
- Comfortable with balancing multiple, competing priorities and changes in scope / direction
- Superb attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated knowledge of general compliance requirements
- 3 years of compliance, risk management and/or audit experience in financial services
- 2 years of testing controls – compliance, audit, accounting, finance, or related field
- Willing and able to learn new laws, rules and regulations