Relationship Banker- Flushing- Queens/L.I., NY-1703332
As a Relationship Banker with Santander’s Consumer and Business Banking division you will be given the unique opportunity to jump-start a career in financial services with a global industry leader. To assist you on your path you will be provided the opportunity to obtain the Series 6, 63, Life & Health Licenses. Your first 11 weeks with Santander will be solely dedicated to studying for and obtaining these licenses. To help you achieve success, we have partnered with an industry leader to provide a world class digital training platform and resources.
Once licensed, you will work in strong partnership with our Financial Consultants, deepening relationships with our customers and gaining meaningful experience around the many products and services Santander Bank has to offer.
- Provide outstanding customer service and ensure sales and referral expectations are consistently met
- Engage and attend weekly partnership meetings and joint calls with Branch partners
- Source new customers through prospecting by making outbound phone calls, referrals from centers-of-influence, in-Branch activities as well as partners
- Acquire new customers and deepen relationships with existing customers utilizing the Explore process
- Identify opportunities to introduce customers to business partners when appropriate.
- Responsible for growing the profitability, deepening relationships and retention within existing customer base through outbound initiatives , networking and in-person appointments
- Bachelors or Equivalent Experience
- A minimum of 1 year experience selling products and/or services in an incentive based environment
- A minimum of 1 year of customer service experience
- Identify specific knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for satisfactory execution of the position’s primary duties & responsibilities
- Ability to service and transition to appropriate business partners for execution;
- Excellent consultative skills, client prospecting and development, customer retention and needs analysis skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and influence skills; Displays a credible, trustworthy, and professional image at all times.
- Experience conducting consultative conversations in person and on the phone with proven close rates through a needs-based sales approach.
- Strong financial and business acumen; Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Requires Series 6, 63, and Life and Health, to be obtained within the first three months of hire
- Bilingual Mandarin/Cantonese Language Skills strongly preferred
- In compliance with the requirements outlined within the Compensation Requirements under the Truth-in-Lending Act (LO Comp Rule) effective January 1st 2014; Santander Bank will now perform a credit check as part of, and in addition to, the existing background check for all positions where one must perform job functions of a loan originator as defined by the LO Comp Rule.