Agile Test Specialist
Thomas More Square, London
We’re part of Europe’s leading entertainment and communications business. With over 22 million customers across five countries, we make life easier by entertaining and connecting people. It’s a genuine team effort. That’s why we want talented people, like you, to join us and help make the future happen.
The perksAs a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. Plus, there’s a great range of other benefits to fit around your needs too.
Job Purpose:The purpose of the Agile Test Specialist is to undertake specific testing duties via the utilisation of established process and methodology.
To complete Testing deliverables in accordance with Business imperatives in respect of scope, cost, quality and time objectives.
Overview of Department:Sky is now present in 1 in 3 homes; with over 10 million subscribers (and rising) we continue to drive a fresh and inspiring approach to entertainment across all platforms. Our ambitions are big, our aims are high, and right now there's everything to achieve. It's what makes this such a fascinating, fast-moving and fun place to be. If you share our passion, and you'd like to be part of our exciting future, we'd love to meet you.
As part of this, our department is core to Sky's telecommunications business and plays a major part in the current and anticipated future success. Our focus is on delivering the highest quality mobile, broadband and telephony network, enabling Sky to offer the best mobile, broadband and voice products in the market.
- To engage with projects in early phases to ensure alignment with the overall delivery plan;
- To understand story requirements and identify optimum test approach;
- To create and execute high quality test cases;
- To ensure that defects are reported, escalated and resolved appropriately;
- To support the delivery of high quality releases on time;
- To liaise and communicate with the colleagues representing associated partner teams, building relationships with third parties if required;
- To build and consolidate relevant experience and expertise in the defined technology domain;
- To actively seek to broaden own technical knowledge in partner domains; also to share knowledge with other test colleagues.
- Working with Test Team Leader, Business Analysis and Development colleagues to provide input into project initiation.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with colleagues in Development, Business Analysis and Support to ensure effective team-working and exchange of information throughout the SDLC.
- Engage early in the project process in order to help ensure quality delivery.
- Highlight and escalate potential risks and issues observed during development.
- Provide test insight and advice during the SDLC.
- Ensure impact on Test is assessed, communicated and understood with relevant colleagues.
- Engage support team to ensure common understanding of impact of quality issues.
- Review bugs that come through triage; participate in root cause analysis review taking steps to improve test approach going forward.
Process and Standards
- To identify and contribute to the definition of improvement to processes and methodology.
- Understanding of the SDLC and the role of Testing therein.
- Review of requirements and creation of Test cases.
- Strong capability in the execution of Test cases, management of bugs and Test reporting in accordance with an established process/methodology.
- Demonstrable high level of technical knowledge in respect of given technical domain.
Industry ExperienceGood experience of testing in a complex and demanding technology environment.
Demonstrable experience working closely with partner teams including Business requirements, Development and Operational support teams.
Advanced SQL, PL/SQL
Additional SkillsRelationship management – ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with project management, project team members and stakeholders across various sites.
Demonstrable team-working skills.
Effective communication skills – able to communicate complex ideas clearly.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Happy to talk flexible working
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Believe in better
15 September 2017